Thursday, July 12, 2012
Corset Week, Part Four
A lot of progress has been made on the underbust corset. Yesterday, I sewed my seams and stitched boning channels on the middle of some of the pieces (but not on any of the seams, in case I need to adjust them in the fitting). I came home late last night to find my package from Corsetmaking.com had arrived, yay! I decided to devote part of today to corset-making, since I don't have any classes to teach or take.
I sewed the right front facing on, leaving openings for the busk fasteners.
Next, the left side of the busk! I made the markings.
It looked magical when I put the two sides together.
Next: grommets! I was tempted to have my grommets professionally inserted at Steinlauf and Stoller. But my DIY pride got the best of me, and I decided to do it myself. My corset kit came with a grommet kit, but I took it out months ago to make a belt, and found I didn't really like it. So I tried a new kit. Unfortunately, I got size 0 rather than 00. You wouldn't think there would be much of a difference, but there really is!