Here's what I read this week.
- OMG, Christina Hendricks caused such a stir at the Golden Globes in this dress (above) by Project Runway champ Christian Siriano! Lotsa people hated it, the Fug girls liked it, Cathy Horyn of the New York Times quoted an anonymous stylist that called Hendricks "big" and posted a distorted image that had people seething. I thought Big Fat Deal's reaction to the kerfuffle was the most measured and intelligent, personally. I also admit that I liked the dress. Sue me.
- The fabulous Mo'Nique won a Golden Globe for her role in Precious and spoke out about child abuse, but all some people could talk about was her leg hair.
- I'm not so pleased with Vivienne Westwood and her "homeless chic" collection.
- LOVED this little clip Big Fat Deal pointed out, in which a plus-sized chick is actually a sex symbol in a UK tv show.
- Like Dodai of Jezebel, I say EWWW to the notion that showing women laying down (and therefore sexually available) in clothing ads moves merchandise.
- I love Glossed Over's "Lowest Common Denominator" posts on Cosmo. That is all.