Monday, January 17, 2011
Crepe Sew-Along #9: Pre-Sew Checklist
Hello, sew-alongers! Thanks for your patience while I've been catching up on sew-along posts. Today's post is one final checklist before we start sewing. From here, it will be fast and fun!
Here's your pre-sew checklist:
1. All bodice and skirt pieces cut out and underlined (optional). Make sure you've cut four of the back skirt piece.
2. Necklines stabilized. For good measure, I also stabilized my armholes. I used a new method that a brilliant commenter pointed out. Take a bias strip of silk organza and press it while stretching it as far as it will go. This makes a super stable strip that will go around curves.
Facings adjusted and cut out of fashion fabric.
5. Interfacing fused to facings. I used a lightweight woven fusible. If you need fusing tips, check out this super helpful post from Ann of Gorgeous Fabrics.
6. Pockets cut out. You need four of them!
7. Tie cut out in your contrast fabric (don't forget to cut two).
And that's it! I'll be back shortly with our first real sewing post of the sew-along!