- Week of 12/6: Make bodice muslin and work out any fitting issues
- Week of 12/13: Cut out underlining and fashion fabric, attach underlining to fashion fabric, apply interfacing to facing pieces
- Week of 12/20: stay neckline with silk organza, stitch darts, join bodice at shoulders
- Week of 12/27: Holiday break
- Week of 1/3: join facings at shoulders, sew in sleeve facings, join bodice side seams
- Week of 1//10: stitch waist ties, stitch neck facing
- Week of 1/17: sew skirt front, sew skirt backs, pockets, sew skirt side seams
- Week of 1/24: finish back skirt edge, join bodice and skirt, hem skirt
This seems a little more sane, no? And hey: it can be a New Year's Dress rather than a Christmas dress! Wait a second . . . Valentine's dress?
Now, one more thing for my British friends: want to join the sew-along but haven't been able to find the pattern locally? The fabulous Leah from SewBox has express-ordered some more stock that will be arriving on the 6th at the latest. Go here to pre-order one to be shipped to you immediately on their arrival. And a big thanks to Leah!