Hey Sew-Alongers! How are we all doing? This week I want us to focus on finishing up with muslins and cutting out our fabric. Are you still having fitting issues? Please post your muslin pics in the Flickr pool with notes on specific feedback you'd like.
If you're feeling good about your fit, take the muslin apart, make any changes, and use that baby as your pattern. (Or transfer your changes to your paper pattern, if you prefer.) Time to cut your fabric! I will leave you to do that on your own, and just remind you to be meticulous about grainlines. And don't forget to transfer all your markings!
Now, let's talk about the future, my dears. I thought I'd put us on a schedule! Here's what I'm thinking:
- Week of 9/27: finish up muslins and cut out and mark fabric, serge seam allowances (if desired)
- Week of 10/4: make bound buttonholes, interface/padstitch jacket front and collar (tips/tutorials to come on all)
- Week of 10/11: Assemble coat body, apply back stay, and set in the sleeves
- Week of 10/18: Tailor collar, assemble lining and facings, attach to coat
- Week of 10/25: Hems, belt/loops, and finishing touches
Now, I will leave you with a video of Henry.