[My favorite image of the week: the Oscar gown color wheel from Jezebel}
Welcome back to Girl Reporter Fridays, where I channel my inner Lois Lane to bring you the most interesting stuff from my Google Reader. This week there's my award for the most annoying celebrity quote of the week, furriness at Chanel, possibly the world's ugliest shoes - and more!
But before I begin, an important message about this feature: As you've probably picked up by now, feminism, pop culture, body image, and mainstream fashion are important parts of this blog. Throughout the week, I talk about these issues specifically as they relate to sewing. However, these Girl Reporter posts are a bit of a deviation in that the articles I link to rarely have anything to do with sewing. I understand that these posts aren't for everyone. Which is exactly why I do two posts on Friday: something for everyone! Huzzah!
Now on to the stories!
- This "article" about Kendra Wilkinson's feelings about her postpartum body wins the prize for the most annoying story of the week. Quoth she, "Having a different body was such a culture shock. I'm so used to being hot and fit." Hmm, culture shock? I don't think that means what you think it means, Kendra.
- Are these indeed the ugliest shoes ever created? I think it's very, very possible that the answer is YES.
- Just try to look at the first picture of the very furry Chanel RTW collection and not LOL.
- Nearly every blog I read mentioned the release of these Mad Men Barbies.
- I thought it tacky and inconsiderate (and possibly sexist) that Bea Arthur and Farrah Fawcett were left off the Oscar memorial montage.
- All the feminist highlights from the Oscars in one convenient article!
- A color wheel of Oscar gowns = brilliant!
- Alexander McQueen's final collection: beautiful and haunting.
- Howard Stern is dead to me. Revision: if I'd ever cared about him in the first place, he'd now be dead to me after these disgusting comments about Gabby Sidibe. I'm Team Gabby for life!
- The Louis Vuitton collection was surprisingly gorgeous, often in a retro way.
That's it for this edition! Happy Friday, friends!