Can you believe the holidays are almost upon us? As I've been gearing up for the season, I thought it would be fun to put together a little gift guide for all those seamstress-y people in your life. (Sweetie, are you reading this?)
1. My first pick is the Threads Magazine DVD-ROM archive. I am a huge fan of Threads, but I've always hated having to dig through all my back issues to find the article I'm looking for. This new searchable archive has all 146 issues on it!
2. I know for a fact that the new line of Colette Patterns will be available for pre-order in the next month. I also know for a fact that I want them ALL.
3. Every sewist loves to add to his or her stash. A Mood gift card will earn you big points! They can be used online or in the NYC or LA stores.
4. Books! Why not give the vintage fashion lover in your life some literary eye candy? Some top-notch picks are The Golden Age of Couture and Forties Fashion: from Siren Suits to the New Look. Also, since she needs a killer 'do to go with her killer style: Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles with Step-by-Step Techniques.
5. I've long wanted a rotary cutter and mat. Just think how easy bias strips would be to cut!
6. Wild Ginger Pattern Master Boutique is a simple-to-use software that allows you to make your own custom patterns. I think it would be perfect for copying vintage designs - in your size!
Okay, your turn! What are you longing for this holiday season?