Gertie's Hudson Valley Sewing Retreat!
What: A weekend of sewing, food, relaxation, and camaraderie in the beautiful Hudson Valley
Where: The Roundhouse at Beacon Falls, a luxury boutique hotel in the heart of Beacon--within walking distance to galleries, vintage shopping, boutiques, and fabulous restaurants.
When: Friday, April 4th though Sunday April 6th, 2014
- Sewing demos by Gertie on a variety of topics, with an emphasis on dressmaking
- Gertie's personalized fitting and sewing help with a garment project you bring along
- Sewing machines will be provided in a private room overlooking the falls
- Two nights stay at the Roundhouse (Options range from a shared room--we'll find you a roomie--to a private luxury suite)
- A fancy-schmancy Friday night welcome dinner at Swift, the Roundhouse's gorgeous restaurant
- Daily continental breakfast
- Boxed lunch on Saturday
- Refreshments to keep us fortified while sewing
- A sneak peek at my new book
Cost: The retreat cost will range from $930 (shared room) to $1300 (fancy private luxury suite)
Who: any level of sewist! The demos will be geared toward the interests of the group. I imagine you'll get the most out of it if you have at least a couple dressmaking projects under your belt.
If you'd like more information, please sign up for the mailing list here: