Monday, June 3, 2013
I started with 5 yards of white tulle that has tiny flocked polka dots. I divided it into sections and dyed it in a bucket in my bath tub. I started with Aqua dye, and took the pieces out at varying intervals. As time went on, I added Midnight Blue and then Kelly Green dye.
I cut all the dyed pieces into strips and then sewing it, overlapping the strips, onto a dress cut out of bleached muslin (the skirt is a half circle skirt, the bodice is the Cambie dress--with the upper back bodice chopped off, and the straps are just rectangles that are gathered).
It was very meditative and satisfying to sew and fun to wear.
Hey, I also have a bunch of new fabrics in the shop! I found a bunch of amazing retro-style prints that I think you'll all love for your summer sewing. I hope you enjoy them!