Suggested topics include (but are in no means limited to):
- Portable crafting projects. I have a post on the STC Craft blog this week sharing the results of my Alabama Chanin ribbon embroidery (pictured below, isn't it purty?). I'm hooked! I love having a project I can take with me on my commutes into Manhattan. I also sometimes like to knit on plane trips. How about you, readers? Do you have a favorite portable project?
- What's in your sewing machine? Tell us what you're making this weekend. I'm finishing up my VoNBBS raglan sleeve coat--the perfect thing for New York fall days.
- Fabric dyeing. Do any of you dye your own textiles? If so, how did you get started? I bought some amazing ombre-dyed lace in Salt Lake City (see above) and it's rejuvenated my desire to try ombre dyeing. I'm usually the type who just jumps into a new technique, but this seems to overwhelming for some reason.
- Project Runway, Season 9. Did you watch Season 9? What did you think of the results? I have to say, I think it was the most boring season yet. I couldn't even get worked up about the winner's shoddy workmanship. I will say this, though: damn, that girl is pretty.
- Project Runway, Season 10. So now comes the time that Mood and other garment district haunts will be plastered with ads for auditions for the next season. Do any of you ever think about trying out? I always consider it, but then never do. (Reality TV sometimes seems so . . . icky.) Maybe this time I really will. It couldn't hurt to audition, right? We'll see.