Monday, November 1, 2010
Finishing Touches for Your Lady Grey
1. Hem your sleeve lining. I turned mine up an inch, and then slip stitched it to the coat fabric. As the pattern says, you should let the lining hem billow out a bit, so you can slip stitch behind it, creating a "bagged" effect. Mine ended up a little flatter than they should be, but it's all good.
3. Optional: catch stitch your lining hem to your coat hem. I'm using a catch stitch to secure the lace on the lining to the coat hem.
5. Make and apply your belt loops, following the pattern instructions.
6. Sew on your buttons. On the inside of the coat, you can use a flat plastic button since it won't show.
7. Remove basting stitches from your coat.
8. Model your new coat! Take pictures and upload them to the sew-along Flickr group and the Colette Patterns Flickr pool.
Well, this has been fun, readers! I hope you've enjoyed my sew-along posts. I will, of course, still be here to answer questions for those in the earlier steps of the sew-along. And I'll have pictures of my own coat imminently; I'm just finishing the final touches myself. It turned quite chilly here over the weekend so I hope to have it done VERY soon. Brrr!
I'll be announcing the next sew-along soon: it's for beginners!