Here's what I'm thinking:
- Coats for fall! I know coats are an advanced project, but I hope that by providing some technical (and moral) support I can have you all tailoring like crazy. Please let me know if you think I'm out of my mind and that we should start with something easier.
- So, we should all probably use the same pattern, right? (I'm such a sew-along newb!) LOTS of peeps mentioned the Colette Patterns Lady Grey Coat on Facebook, and I think it could be the perfect choice. Besides being gorgeous, it's a fairly easy entree into the world of coats. One could even think of it as a jacket! The wrap design is easy to fit and isn't too complicated in terms of closures. Another plus is that for those in the Southern Hemisphere, this coat can be made in a lightweight spring fabric, like cotton twill.
- In order to give everyone plenty of prep time, we won't start until mid to late September.
- I'll go over each step of the planning, fitting, and construction, add some fancy (but totally do-able) tailoring techniques like pad-stitching, and provide videos for visual aids.
- I'd like to figure out a way to make this a community project, so that we can see pictures from participants and answer questions as we go along.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts!