- Project Runway, season whatever-it-is now: you're so boring, but I just can't quit you. Hilarious recap here.
- A big old WTF to Jesse James. You don't mess with America's Sweetheart!
- This fantastic post from Feministing explores the Liz Lemon-ing of TV actresses, i.e. when beautiful women play supposedly ugly characters.
- Here they are: the 13 ugliest shoes in the world!
- I am SO going to see The Runaways tonight! Fashionista praises the costumes here. Jezebel talked about Joan Jett's style here, quoting the woman herself, '"Nobody told us what to wear. People like to think that that's the case because if teenage girls are being sexual" - her voice drips with sarcasm - "obviously men have something to do with it."' I love you, Joan!
- Another fierce woman in the news this week: Betty White! Jezebel talked about the "Rise of the Octogenarians." I love you too, Betty!
- Glee is back in a matter of weeks! I'm psyched, Jeff is not. Quick poll: does the man in your life hate Glee? I think this male ailment is more common that we ladies realize. Something must be done.
- I resisted the Lady Gaga phenomenon until I saw her in this get-up. Even the Fug girls love it! Side note: I remember my mom telling me that girls used to use old orange juice cans as big rollers. How nouveau-retro of Gaga!
- Louis Vuitton's use of "curvy" models was underwhelming. As Jezebel notes, apparently curvy = boobs.
- An excellent article from the Huffington post about Hollywood's "gay dilemma", focusing primarily on Bryan Batt, who plays Sal on Mad Men. Looks like Sal won't be returning to Sterling Cooper, and that makes me SAD.
- Jay McCarroll, season one winner of Project Runway, goes on the reality show Celebrity Fit Club and talks about celebrity weight loss on Big Fat Deal.
- Are you Team Bikini or Team Maillot? Apparently one-piece suits are more popular than ever right now.
Lovely Links: 5/24/13
2 hours ago