- Feministing's thoughts on this excellent question: why are plus size models always naked?
- A great article on the current body image climate has my favorite title of the week: "Body Image Revolution Postponed."
- Scary stuff: What does H&M do with its surplus clothing? It's left on the street--but first holes are slashed through it so it can't be worn.
- Charles Kleibacker, "master of the bias," passed away on Sunday, leaving behind an incredible design legacy.
- Here's a fantastic discussion from Sal on the potentially troublesome notion of the "sexy secretary."
- I always love Glossed Over's Vogue magazine analyses. Awesome tidbit, in response to designer Alber Elbaz's snarky question about why pretty young girls want to be models rather than seamstresses: "Yeah! Why be the beautiful woman who wears the clothes when you could be the poorly paid one who makes them?"
- Hey, what's this?! Why, it's a collection of greatest hit posts from yours truly on BurdaStyle.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Gertie, Girl Reporter
I've never done one of these news/links round-up posts, but so many great articles showed up in my RSS feed this week . . . . I just had to share them with you!