I honestly don't like working with tulle; I find it very frustrating. And when you start cutting it in layers and gathering it--yikes.
I like this little yellow Anthro crinoline for a few reasons:
- I don't have to work with tulle and sew it myself.
- It's $38, which seems pretty reasonable to me.
- It's yellow.
- It has a modern shape: it's not so poufy that you would feel like you were wearing a costume, but it would still give a bit of shape to a full skirt.
- It's a nice length: 19 inches. This seems manageable for today's skirts, as opposed to 50's skirts, which were often tea length. (But perhaps it will be too short?)
- I like the shaping at the top; it looks like it wouldn't add bulk around the hips.
P.S. The slip above is on backorder, but will be available after 8/17, according to the Anthro site. It also comes in black.
P.P.S. I also couldn't resist these earrings. Aren't they sweet?